Accomplished Vidalia Lawyer Fights for People Hurt in Truck Accidents
Established Georgia law firm represents clients injured by commercial carriers
Trucks traveling on Toombs County highways can cause devastating injuries when they collide with much smaller vehicles. At the Law Office of Tina E. Maddox, LLC in Vidalia, I help personal injury victims pursue reimbursement for their losses in trucking accidents. Since opening my practice in 2005, I have represented Georgians hurt in horrible crashes with commercial carriers. If you were in a vehicle that was rear-ended, struck by unsecured cargo, hit during an unsafe lane change or otherwise harmed by a truck driver’s negligence, I will fight to recover damages.
Knowledgeable lawyer seeks justice when truckers violate safety rules
Trucking companies and their drivers are bound by federal regulations designed to make crashes less likely. If truckers or fleet owners violate those rules, they can be held accountable in an accident. Common causes of trucking accidents include:
- Driver fatigue — Georgia and federal regulations set limits on the hours a trucker can drive during each day and week and require mandatory rest breaks. Drivers who break the rules can become a serious road hazard.
- Cargo overload — A vehicle that carries too much weight can easily become unstable. Steering may be unexpectedly challenging, and shifting cargo could result in a rollover.
- Aggressive driving — It is frightening to be near a truck that follows too closely, swerves or speeds. I will examine the accident scene and witness testimony to determine a truck driver’s role in causing the accident.
- Drugs or alcohol — Operating a commercial vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is incredibly reckless. Even if no DUI charge was filed, I can look into the accident to see if the driver was impaired.
- Mechanical defect — If a driver or trucking company knew that a truck had a hazardous defect, such as faulty brakes, and that defect led to your accident, I will hold them accountable.
To provide courts with a clear understanding of who was at fault, I take a careful, focused approach to each case.
Aggressive litigator goes toe-to-toe with trucking companies and insurers
Shortly after an accident occurs, a trucking company may offer a settlement that seems like a significant amount of money at the time, but plaintiffs need to understand that insurers are concerned with limiting their liability, not fairly compensating accident victims. I won’t let trucking companies pressure my clients into accepting substandard settlements. I consult experts to calculate the compensation victims deserve for the full scope of medical bills, lost income, property damage and pain and suffering and press for fair payments that reflect those losses. I also represent families in wrongful death actions when a loved one had been killed in a trucking accident.
Contact a respected Georgia trucking accident attorney for a free initial consultation
If you were injured in a trucking accident, or if you lost a loved one due to a truck driver’s negligence, I may be able to help. From the Law Office of Tina E. Maddox, LLC in Vidalia, I represent personal injury plaintiffs in Toombs County and the surrounding areas. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 912-380-6393 or contact me online.